What is Home Health?
Home Health is a service coming soon to Suncrest, ordered by a physician, in which you can receive rehabilitative services within the comfort of your own home or place of residence. These services include skilled nursing, physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, social work, and certified nursing assistance with activities of daily living.
Once ordered by your physician, a licensed RN will visit you at home to assess your rehabilitative needs, work with you to develop a plan of care, and help you identify treatment goals. An interdisciplinary team of health care professionals will then work together to help you achieve those goals.
Who is Eligible for Home Health?
You are eligible for home health services if you are home bound, need rehabilitative services, and have an order from a physician.
Home Bound: During the initial evaluation from your home health nurse, your home bound status will be assessed. You are likely considered home bound if you meet the following criteria:
- You rarely leave home, due to your medical symptoms
- Your medical symptoms make it impossible to leave home without assistance
What Rehabilitative Needs Qualify for Home Health Services?
- You need improvement in your muscle strength, balance, and assistance with fall prevention
- You want to reduce muscle and/or joint pain or discomfort
- You need assistance to manage an unstable or fluctuating pulse or blood pressure
- You require treatment of a wound
- You need assistance in managing your blood sugars
- You need to receive your B12 injection at home
- You need assistance with catheter care
- You need assistance, instruction, and education about your medications
- You need assistance in diagnosing and treating depression
- You want instruction on how to better utilize your wheel chair or walker
- You want to be more independent with bathing, dressing, and other personal cares
- You have difficulty swallowing
- You or a loved one are having difficulty with memory issues
What is the cost of Home Health Services?
Home Health services are covered 100% by Medicare, Medicaid, and many private insurance companies with no co-pay. Suncrest Home Health will handle the billing of your primary insurance provider for you.