What is Hospice?
Advancement from this life to the next should be both dignified and comfortable; allowing patients to spend precious time with loved ones in the comfort of their own place of residence. Hospice care aims to treat the symptoms of the disease process, rather than focusing on halting, delaying, or curing the illness.
Suncrest Hospice will bring this treatment to you through qualified and compassionate physicians, nurses, aides, social workers, and spiritual advisors. Our team is passionately committed to make patients comfortable while at the same time providing necessary support to family members.
Who is Eligible for Hospice?
A patient is eligible to receive hospice services, with an order from a physician, when they have a terminal diagnosis with a life expectancy of six months or less, and a desire to receive comfort rather than curative treatment.
Hospice services can be received at home or in an assisted living or skilled nursing facility.
What is the cost for Hospice?
Hospice services are covered 100% by Medicare, Medicaid, and many private insurance companies with no co-pay. Suncrest Hospice will handle the billing of your primary insurance provider for you.
What Services Does Hospice Provide?
- Physician Services- All hospice care is administered under the direction of a licensed physician. Patients may continue to see their attending physician, and/or receive care from the physician who serves as the hospice medical director.
- Skilled Nursing Services- A qualified nurse will be assigned to visit the patient on a weekly basis to assess and manage symptoms. We believe that patients must receive the care that they need, therefore our nurses keep manageable case loads to enable them to see patients 2+ times per week based on individual patient needs.
- Hospice Aide Services- Patients will receive a visit up to 7 times a week, from a licensed certified nursing assistant to assist the patient with activities of daily living.
- Social Services- Each patient and family is assigned a social worker to provide necessary support, as hospice care seeks to treat the physical and emotional needs of end of life care.
- Spiritual Services- Patients and families can receive regular visits from a spiritual advisor to listen and give spiritual support.
- Medications- Medications related to the hospice diagnosis are covered 100% by hospice.
- Medical Equipment and Supplies- equipment and supplies including but not limited to, wheel chairs, mattress pads, and incontinence supplies are covered 100% by hospice.
- Volunteer Support
- Bereavement Counseling